Five Ways to Wear a Flannel
Hello everyone! I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend. Here in Dallas, it was around 70 degrees and sunny, so it definitely wasn't a white Christmas. Texas weather can be so crazy, but I don't let that stop me from dressing for the season.
Flannels and button downs will always be one of my favorite wardrobe pieces, because of how versatile they are! They are perfect for everyday use, ease when traveling, and especially great when you don't know how the weather will be.
Stuck in a styling rut? Here's five of my favorite ways to style flannels, which can help you make the most out of your clothing and decrease your CPW! (cost per wear)
1) Normal. Regularly buttoned down is my go to. It's appropriate to work. It works well with pants, skirts, and even shorts. This way is classic and will always be a good idea.
2) With a Vest. A popular go-to currently, as vests are not only useful for warmth, but super trendy. I have a cardinal colored vest that goes with this top perfectly; however, it would be equally as cute to pair it with faux fur or shearling vest, for a little more trendy look.
3) Around Your Waist. The 90's called and they want their grunge look back. But, seriously. I remember wanting to bring a full zip jacket to elementary school, just so I could put it around my waist. The great thing about doing this with flannels instead of a jacket, is that they are much lighter weight and actually cinch in your waist, rather than adding bulk.
4) Open. I had to make myself do this. (The first time I really did this, was here) I kind of feel like a poser when I mix a tee and an open button down, but I think I pull it off okay! It's a super easy and chill way to dress, so I dig it.
5) Like a Cholo. (j/k)
6) Knotted. I've seen this done two ways. The most popular way is to tie a knot in front. It is perfect for cutoffs, skinny jeans, or even the right type of skirt! Again, it's pretty 90's, but what isn't these days?! The second way is less common, but equally as cute. You knot both sides onto them self, which lets it hang open like number four, but give you a little bit cooler of a vibe. It would be the perfect detailing with boyfriend jeans , so your shape doesn't get lost between your baggy jeans and loose fitting tee. I also love seeing both of these ways (and number four) with maxi dresses!
So, how do you like styling your flannels? Did I miss your favorite way? Let me know!
P.S. Speaking of warm and unruly Texas weather, as many of you know, I am originally from Garland, TX. Just a day ago (12/26), around 11 tornadoes touched down in Garland, and surrounding areas, specifically Rowlett. If you would like to know how you can donate goods or participate in a Go Fund Me, let me know and I will direct you to specific cases. My parents are okay and their house is unscathed. I actually left Garland to head back to Dallas, around the time the storms began, so I was driving in the worst of it. I literally couldn't see the road in front of me and making it home safely was a complete and utter blessing. I can only imagine how scary it was at the root of the tornado sites. At the very least, please keep my hometown and its people in your prayers. If you want a direct way to give, just text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to the North Texas Tornado Relief Fund. It will be automatically billed through your cell phone provider.
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe and receive every post in your inbox!