Where to eat in Downtown Dallas
**Get 15% off + Free Shipping w/code "RiffraffRepLauren" at checkout on ShopRiffraff.com!
It's no secret that I love to eat. If you follow me on Instagram (@ElleSpann) or on SnapChat (ElleSpann), then you know that I love to cook and eat a lot. These pics were taken downtown, by the giant eyeball ( a sculpture by Tony Tasset), so naturally I had to talk about my favorite Downtown Dallas eats! Here they are, in no particular order.
1) CBD Provisions. I might as well start off with this one, because the eyeball is right across the street from The Joule, Dallas' no. 1 boutique hotel. CBD Provisions is located in the Joule and is delicious in all aspects. Come here to check out the Joule's wonderful art, cozy library, and then come back at night for Midnight Rambler! What to order: You can eat any meal, but I recommend brunch. Get their migas and a mimosa. You can't go wrong with that!
2) Dakota's. This is a downtown staple. You have to valet and take an elevator down, under the ground, to get to the restaurant. Once you arrive, there is a beautiful dining room, a pretty patio when the weather's nice, and a bangin' piano player. Come here if you want a good steak and a different side of downtown. What to order: The Filet Oscar, hands down.
3) Iron Cactus. This restaurant offers the traditional Tex-Mex people crave, but with an upscale feel. Come here for a Girl's Night Out or a fun date night. What to order: Go their rooftop patio and get one of their house margs. Tableside guac goes perfectly, especially since they have such an long happy hour.
4) El Fenix. Another Tex-Mex, but this one has more of a traditional feel. El Fenix is special to me, because I meet my parents there every week to have dinner. We have been eating there every Wednesday, since I was a baby and my grandfather would take us. Come here with your family or with your out of town friend. What to order: Get the special- cheese enchiladas covered in chile con carne and rice and beans. Their margaritas have also been named some of the best in Dallas, multiple times in a row.
5) The Zodiac. I can't believe I'm event telling you about this, because it is pretty much one of my favorite secret restaurants. Located in the original Neiman Marcus is the Zodiac Room. There might be other locations, but the original will always be better! Come with your mom and/or grandmother. They will love it and so will you! What to order: Be sure to get the popovers and strawberry butter. They will do anything but disappoint!
6) Klyde Warren Park. I find it hilarious that this park had to beg for funding. There are several surrounding restaurants- I recommend any of them but Lark on the Park. Go anywhere but there! They also have fun food trucks that are there most days if you don't want a sit down experience. Come here with your kids, your girlfriends (for some free yoga), or your significant other for a nice walk. What to order: Honestly depends what you want- there's so much to offer. I love Savor, but the The Butcher's Son is good too!
7) Fluellen Cupcakes. These are cupcakes in the heart of downtown, so because you have to walk to get to them, they are basically negative calories. Come here before you head back to work, to be the office favorite. What to order: Get the black velvet and you'll be in a chocolate coma!!
8) Texas Spice. Located in the prodigious Omni hotel, Texas Spice is only an extension of the hotel's greatness. What to order: They have several options, including a brunch buffet, but make sure you try one of their cocktails. They are well crafted!
9) Green Door Public House. I happened upon this place on a rainy Sunday and am so glad I did! Come here with your guy friends (or your bf's friends to impress them). If you are looking for a fun week night event, try out their trivia nights! What to order: Start with the queso and get one of their burgers! Their bartender is very knowledgeable, so if you want a drink, try that out too! Their moscow mule is particularly good.
10) Five Sixy by Wolfgang Puck. You kind of have to go here if you have never been. Located in Reunion Tower, it is an experience all on its own. Come here for a special date night or with your girlfriends. You'll get great pics, especially if you go up to the observation deck! What to order: You can get dinner, but you have to have a reservation for that. It's just a fun to go to their bar for happy hour and get one of their amazing craft cocktails + apps! Oh, and dessert too ;)
11) Perry's Steakhouse and Grille. My mouth is watering just thinking of it! Come here with your clients or to impress your parents. What to order: Again, Filet Oscar, but honestly any of their cuts are amazing.
12) The Woolworth. A relatively new add to downtown, but I think it already proved itself. It has a fun vibe, with a great patio, so it is perfect for an evening with friends or a celebratory night. What to order: Ask for their off the menu cocktails (I had one with rose water that was amazing. Their rum runner is good too!) and be sure to order a side their house made potato chips or their truffle fries. Or both;)
13) Fearing's. A very modern Dallas restaurant, that has easily become a classic to the city. Come here to impress a date or just to enjoy great food. What to order: Honestly the chef is amazing, so you really can't go wrong with anything.
14) Dallas Farmer's Market. Okay, not a restaurant, but you can buy lots of good produce and there are some booths/stands that sell finished products. Come here with your roommate to buy your veggies for the week. What to order: Eat all the samples for sure! Get the in-season produce and a little gourmet popsicle for your sweet tooth;)
These next three restaurants are in Downtown Dallas, but are classified as located in the West End.
15) Y.O. Ranch Steakhouse. Such a fun place, that is the epitome of what people picture Dallas as. Come here with you older sister or brother and it will be just their style. Your dad would probably like it to! What to order: Their burger is divine, but so are their other meats. Ask your server and go with what they feel you'd like!
16) The Butcher Shop. It might look stuffy, but they have good steaks! Come here for a fun and classy night with couple friends. What to order: The Filet. Done!
17) Spaghetti Warehouse. Like any other Spaghetti Warehouse, but better! This location is so fun, because it is in the West End. Come here after you take your students on a field trip and let them eat here for lunch. What to order: Their bread and butter + spaghetti and tomato sauce. I also really like their Sprite for some reason!
**I've never been to Wild Salsa, Dallas Chop House, or Chop House Burger but have heard mixed reviews- it's either good or overpriced. I also have never been to Proof + Pantry, Capriotti's, and La Ventana, but have heard great things about them!
Did you catch my first Elle's Essential Eats post? I covered the Knox/Henderson area! Catch up, here! Did I miss any place downtown that you love? Let me know, so I can try it out!
P.S. If you liked this post/want to keep it for later, here's your pinnable image! Follow me on Pinterest here.
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe and receive every post in your inbox!