Rehearsal Dinner Tips ft. Eddie V's Dallas
Photography: Heidi Lockhart Somes
Show Me your Mumu Dress | Gold Heels | Lizzie Bee's Flower Shoppe Flower Crown | Blowout by Amber Ingram Smith at Hair by Charlie | Stila Lipgloss | Kendra Scott Bracelet and Earrings | Nick's Coat | Nick's Pants | Nick's Shoes | Nick's Shirt | Nick's Daniel Wellington Watch | Wedding Invites/Rehearsal Dinner Card
I'm so excited to finally share my rehearsal dinner photos with y'all! It was one of my favorite things regarding the wedding weekend! I chose to make my wedding more classic, but I let my rehearsal dinner be more trendy! I wore a flower crown, because not only does my name mean "laurel crowns", but I also had olive leaves, which was an ode to Nick being Greek. My Mumu dress was super on trend, but I LOVE it and will definitely wear it again. Plus, it was my wedding, so who cares?!
We had our rehearsal at The Castle at Rockwall at 6 pm the night before the wedding, but rehearsals are getting changed up theses days. I have seen more and more not be the day before, and even go as far to be a random week day time. I was super glad to have a normal day and time, because it allows more people to attend.
Food is super important to me and Nick, so it was top of mind for choosing our menu at Eddie V's. We had mini crab cakes and bruschetta for appetizers, the fuji apple salad and lobster bisque as starters, and a choice of salmon, steak, chicken, and pasta for an entree, with assorted sides. For dessert, we all had bananas foster butter cake, which is one of our favorite sweets EVER. For drinks we had a red and white wine selected, in addition to beer. If guests wanted to have a different wine or cocktail, that went on their tab. On top of all that yumminess, we had a private room and bar, which made it all the more special. If you haven't been to Eddie V's before, get there soon! We love their food and ambience.
Planning your own rehearsal dinner or are you helping someone plan their's? Here are some ideas to help make it the best it can be!
1) Be Clear. I think rehearsal dinner invites are some of the most confusing invites ever! Often times they will say the dinner time, but not the rehearsal time. We put both location's addresses on ours, but we only listed the time for the rehearsal, and said "dinner to follow", which made it clear where people were supposed to go.
2) Be Sentimental. We chose Eddie V's in Dallas as our dinner location, because that is where we had our first date! It held a lot of memories for us and we wanted to share that restaurant with our family and friends.
3) Be in Budget. Just don't go out of budget! It should be an amazing night, but you don't have to spend a fortune to have a nice time.
4) Be Generous. This tip goes twofold... first, be generous with the food. Make sure you have enough to feed everyone. These people are the most important to you, so make sure they don't get hangry. Second, this is the night to give gifts, unless there is something you want them to have the next day and not forget.
5) Be Yummy. Just make sure your food is good! We picked Eddie V's because the food is so good and fit our wedding theme but, whether your meal costs $5 a head or $50 a head, no one is going to care, as long as it is good!
6) Make a Seating Chart. Just do it! It makes it that much easier for everyone, including you. This negates drama and doesn't leave room for people to be confused about where to sit. Plus, it looks prettier with name cards!
Do you have any suggestions for rehearsal dinners that I didn't mention? Lay them on me!
Here are all of my vendors and information:
Dress: Blue Willow by Anne Barge, Nordstrom
Hair and Makeup: Grand Slam Glam
Eyelash Extensions: Amazing Lash Garland
Flowers: Lizzie Bee's Flower Shoppe
Jewelry: Elsa Peretti Diamonds by the Yard Necklace and Bracelet, Vintage Diamond Earrings
Engagement Ring and Wedding Bands: Fuller's Jewelry
Shoes: Tory Burch Holiday 2015 Satin Burgundy Pumps
Photography: Heidi Lockhart Somes
Food: Culinary Art Catering
Wedding Venue: The Castle at Rockwall
Videography: Bow Tie Media
Rehearsal Dinner: Eddie V's
Snapchat Filter: Wedding Wire
Invitations and Save the Dates: Minted
Wine Glasses and Platter: A Finer Impression
Cakes: Annie's Culinary Creations (she doesn't refrigerate her cakes!)
Bridesmaid and House Party Dresses: Brideside
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe and receive every post in your inbox!