Top Fashion Trends for Fall 2017
LMents of Style uses affiliate links. By clicking on certain hyperlinks and buying a product, you may help me make a small commission off your purchase. It's links like these that keep this site going. Thank you for your support!
You guys, I have kind of not been posting...it all just became too much, so I've taken a little step back. I love writing and blogging for y'all, but I have just been so burned out! So much so in fact, I'm still producing NYFW content and that was practically a month ago!
If you remember, I actually did a Pre-Fall Trend Recap back in February, after NYFW. It's fun to see all the trends catch on, as the year progresses. Here's the top 9 that I noticed on the streets of New York:
1) metal tones. This is probably my favorite! I am LOVING all the silver and gold. The gold skirt I wore here, my best NYFW outfit! You can also try jewel tones, if you don't want all the way to the space cadet look;)
2) 70s. As you can probably tell from this outfit, I'm all about the bell sleeves and groovy hues.
3) textures. This is another one of my favorites - I'm not really a pattern mixer, but I am a texture mixer! Suede is my J A M. I love how it is becoming seasonless. One thing that I saw a lot of was monochromatic looks, so like the same color top and bottom, BUT there were very different textures between the two-like cashmere and silk or leather and lace. Play around with it - it's fun!
4) denim. I meannn is this really a trend? I don't think so - it can be a classic; but there will always be trendier jeans. I just bought a pair of kick flares and lovelovelove them. Also, denim on denim is still very much trending, so be sure to sport that Canadian Tuxedo.
5) red. I saw SO many pops of red at New York Fashion Week. There were red lips, shoes, and even jackets! It's an easy color to add in for the Christmas season, so don't be afraid of a little bold color next time you have the opportunity to buy it.
6) fur, feathers, shearling, sherpa. Yes, all things fur and faux fur. This is actually hilarious, because the Banana Republic x Olivia Palermo collection presentation was protested by Peta and they had to move everything inside. This could also fall in the texture category, too! Fur has already come back, and we saw feathers emerging last year, but shearling and sherpa are making a real splash this season. Try something like a sherpa lined denim jacket, if you want to try it out.
7) velvet. This came out last year, but it is in full swing this year! I'm a huge fan of velvet shoes - I most recently purchased some green velvet pumps that I styled for y'all here. But you'll still see it on apparel this season too.
8) trendy coats. I just saw a velvet puffer coat and I'm pretty sure I need it! There's all kinds of fashion forward coats out there this season. I think the peacoat is still good piece to have, because it's so classic, but don't be afraid to reach for a non-traditional color. I have a coat problem and own one in almost every color.
9) sock booties. I'm not totally on this train, buuuuut I have seen a ton of them. At this point, I won't be jumping on the trend, but they go great with dresses, pants, even boyfriend jeans! They add instant chicness!
Do you have a favorite fall trend? Let me know so I can see if I need to try it out! I'm much more of a classics girl, but I'll try things out sometimes.
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe and receive every post in your inbox!