Unique Christmas Party Outfit Ideas
Y'all. We are almost halfway through November!! How did that happen? I'm sitting here typing/looking at my calendar and realizing that my first Christmas party is less than a month away. I know that Christmas isn't about the clothes, but I definitely enjoy dressing for the get togethers. This is what I wore to my work Christmas party last year, and this is what I wore to my husband's. I was racking my brain for how to stand out this year and was kind of at a loss. There are always good outfits available, but I would be mortified if I showed up in the same outfit as someone else, so I always like to give it a little touch of just me.
An easy way to break away from the crowd and create your own Christmas party look that will leave people talking in a good way, is to buy separates. Yes, I'm talking about two pieces! I know that twin sets have been popular...where the top and the bottom are the same print; however, that's not what I referring to. It would be totally cute for a party, but I'd like to take it one step further and make sure that no one else is wearing it. Separates like I'm referencing might make you think crop top, but that doesn't mean showing skin. Read my rules for how to style a crop top without looking tacky here and an example from one of my holiday stylings last year as proof. Yes, I'm suggesting a shorter shirt and a larger skirt. This look is good for SO many reasons. Here are a few:
1) Midi skirts are appropriate for a lot of other events. Bottom line, you can wear them again!! I ADORE a good statement dress, but they are so hard to re-wear. Midi skirts can be worn at church, brunch, and events galore!
2) Midi skirts can be dressed up or down. Pair them with a front tied flannel shirt or with some sequins! It doesn't matter, because it all looks good! I wore one for my engagement photos.
3) Midi skirts can change looks and feels with a different top or shoe. They are versatile, which is basically my catch phrase. VERSATILITY IS KING. But really. If you're going to spend a little a little more, make sure that you can a) wear it again b) wear it differently. Need I say more?
4) Crop tops come in all shapes and sizes. Seriously, you don't have to show your skin! You can easily find a fun shirt that is boxier and tie it in the back for a more form fitting look or leave it loose for a flowy look. I did show skin here, but it's just a little tease and not tacky. Point being, don't be afraid of them.
5) They have endless combinations, like Sonic drinks. Did you ever have to do those horrible combination math problems, where you had to figure out how many different options there actually were? This outfit is what it reminds me of! I imagine a digital closet of photos of skirts and tops that you can create as many combos as you want, which is real life!
Want to try it out? Here are some cute crops and skirts, that would be perfect for any holiday get-together!
Do you like this combo? Would you wear it? What's your key to standing out at a Christmas party?
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe and receive every post in your inbox!